Alpha DESIGN App
Getting Started with the Alpha DESIGN® App
An iOS app is now available for prosthetists to design custom Alpha Liners.
Creating a custom liner for a patient with a uniquely-shaped limb requires prosthetists to capture the shape of the limb, communicate details on the desired thickness and placement of gel, and complete an order form. The Alpha DESIGN app combines all of these steps into a seamless process using an iPad and a Structure Sensor. The Alpha DESIGN app equips prosthetists to do the following:
- Scan transfemoral and transtibial residual limbs
- Take photos of residual limbs
- Add annotations to scans
- Complete custom liner order forms
- Submit order forms, scans, photos, and annotated images to WillowWood
A Structure Sensor is required for use with the Alpha DESIGN app.
The Structure Sensor is compatible with the following devices:
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- iPad mini 2 with Retina display
- iPad mini 3 with Retina display
- iPad mini 4
The Structure Sensor is not compatible with the iPad 4 or the non-Retina version of the iPad mini.
The Alpha DESIGN App is compatible with iOS 8.2 and above.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alpha-design/id1270811107?ls=1&mt=8 or search for the Alpha DESIGN app shown at the right.
- Tap GET to download.
Before the Alpha DESIGN app may be used, attach the Structure Sensor to your iPad. The following two sections detail how to set-up and calibrate the Structure Sensor.
Setting up the Structure Sensor
Calibrating the Structure Sensor
Using The Alpha DESIGN App
How to Use WillowWood’s Alpha DESIGN App